Nau mai ki tenei hui whakahihiri This is a very warm welcome to the IPANZ 2021 conference. Together we will create a vivid picture of the
Nau mai ki tenei hui whakahihiri
This is a very warm welcome to the IPANZ 2021 conference. Together we will create a vivid picture of the future public sector. A public sector which learnt so much through 2020 and one that is determined to use these lessons to transform the way it works beyond 2021. This conference will accelerate the best for the public sector of the future whilst celebrating the tried and trusted public service values.
This is a conference tailored to meet multiple perspectives. The most senior, managers at all levels of the sector, the newest of our new professionals, our local government and NGO partners, frontline to policy, regions to centre. There will be a vibrant gathering in Wellington where connections and networking will be high on the agenda.
There will be exploration, threading all the way through the sessions, of;
- building an authentic Te Tiriti partnership with tangata whenua
- an enabling, deeply collaborative public service, devolving, building capabilities at all levels
- a public sector that is adaptive, that rises to the challenge of working differently when and as required, when what is ‘normal’ is constantly being redefined
- public servants grasping all that was learnt during COVID-19 and embedding these new ways of thinking and working.
It will be both practical and strategic. Practical workshops to suit new professionals. Strategic thinking from public sector leaders. Communications through IPANZ and other channels before and after the conference to ensure the impact extends beyond the conference.
The conference will be held at Te Papa on Friday 12 November
And to give you a taste, a preview of a few of the confirmed speakers
- Justice Sir Joe Williams delivering the inaugural Ivan Kwok memorial lecture
- Dame Juliet Gerrard
- Sir Geoff Mulgan
- Margie Apa and Parekawhia MacLean
- Police Commissioner Andrew Coster
And much more – including public sector Chief Executives, and a panel of visionary young public sector professionals.
All Day (Friday)
Te Papa Museum
Te Papa Museum, 55 Cable Street, Wellington, New Zealand
ipanzInstitute of Public Administration New Zealandevents@ipanz.org.nz Level 3, Rutherford House, Pipitea Campus, 23 Lambton Quay Wellington 6011