Sunday, April 14, 2024

Hawke’s Bay cyclone fund pays out further 180 applicants

Hawke’s Bay Regional Council’s Disaster Relief Fund has approved pay-outs totalling $1,191,700 million to a further 180 applicants, the Council has reported today.

Hawke’s Bay Disaster Relief Fund and Regional Council Chair Hinewai Ormsby said the Council was pleased to be able to distribute the funds and make a difference to the recovery of the region.

“We have worked hard to get the Red Cross money out to individuals and their communities as quickly as possible,” says Chair Ormsby.

”Payments will be going into applicant’s bank accounts tomorrow.”

She said she was also pleased that the extra $1 million from the Red Cross announced on 9 June had already been allocated as part of the current group of applications. 

Council is continuing to accept applications. To check the eligibility criteria and to make an application, go to hbrc.info/HBDisasterFund.

Latest Articles