Thursday, June 20, 2024

Police appeal for protest images

Police are continuing to appeal for video and still images to help identify those involved in criminal activity during last week’s operation to restore order and access to the Parliamentary precinct.

“We would like to thank those who have already provided imagery since the appeal was made. It will play an important role in the investigation and possible prosecution of anyone thought to have engaged in criminal behaviour,” Police said in a statement.

The investigation team is seeking first-hand images and videos of violent criminal offending and people committing offences in and around Parliament on Wednesday 2 March.

The content can be uploaded at: https://convoy.nzpolice.org/ .Anyone with large amounts of footage is asked to provide their contact details via the link, Police said.

The Police cordon on Lower Molesworth Street remained in place over the weekend.

“Nationally, there are a number of small protest gatherings which Police continue to actively monitor and manage as required,” Police said.

“This includes several in the greater Wellington area which were displaced by last week’s operation.”

Latest Articles