Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Procter begins in infrastructure role

Siobhan Procter has commenced in the new role of Chief Infrastructure Officer at Wellington City Council.

Ms Procter (pictured) replaces Mike Mendonca, who announced his resignation yesterday.

Mr Mendonça had been acting in the top infrastructure job since the resignation of Tom Williams in June.

Ms Procter was formerly programme director of Let’s Get Wellington’s Moving.

Council’s Chief Executive Barbara McKerrow said the appointment of Ms Procter was key to the delivery of the 2021-2031 Long-Term Plan.

“Our Council has signed off on the most ambitious 10-year plan in our history, including a record capital expenditure programme,” she said.

“Siobhan and her team will be responsible for the majority of this investment and I’m delighted with her appointment. She is recognised within Council as a leader who can drive exceptional results and will be a great asset to our Executive Leadership Team.”

Ms Procter commenced in the role on Monday.

“I’ve been fortunate to work alongside some great people in my time at Wellington City Council, and it’s a privilege to be able to lead them through this next crucial phase in the city’s development.”

“We have a unique opportunity to ensure that Wellington’s infrastructure can support the growth of the city and is fit for the future, and that’s an exciting challenge for myself and the team,” Ms Procter said following the announcement in August.

Latest Articles